DISC GOLF DISCS FOR LITTLE KIDS
You love disc golf and/or your spouse loves disc golf, and now you want to introduce your toddler/preschooler to disc golf in the hopes that he/she will become the next Simon Lizotte (started playing when he was two years old) or Paige Pierce (started playing when she was four years old) or maybe just grow to want to play some rounds with mom and/or dad in the future. Problem is: what regular size diameter disc is light enough for a small child to throw successfully? The following is a list of our discs that are currently available at www.acerunners.ca in ultralight weights:
Starting at 100 grams:
- Innova Polecat: Speed: 1, Glide: 3, Turn: 0, Fade: 0 (100 gram Polecats currently out of stock; will order as soon as Innova has some available)
- Innova Leopard: Speed: 6, Glide: 5, Turn: -2, Fade: 1 (100 gram Leopards currently out of stock; will order as soon as Innova has some available)
Starting at 130 grams:
- Innova Sonic: Speed: 1, Glide: 2, Turn: -4, Fade: 0
- Innova Aviar: Speed: 2, Glide: 3, Turn: 0, Fade: 1
- Innova Skeeter: Speed: 5, Glide: 5, Turn: -1, Fade: 1
And for the pre-toddler, see the article Six Ways to Help your Young Child get a Head Start in Disc golf for some ideas.
And it's never too early to get your PDGA number. Pictured above is Emersyn Hammerquist, PDGA #98250.